Cllr Martin Cooke
Martin was elected to the Parish Council in 2019.
Martin is a member of the following:
- Asset Management Committee.
- Finance & Scrutiny Committee.
- Queen's Platinum Jubilee (Temporary) Committee.
- Allotments Working Group.
- Easton Jubilee Playing Field Working Group.
- Environmental Working Group.
- Heritage Signs Working Group.
- Local Authority Reorganisation Research Group.
- Strategic Planning Working Group.
Cllr Cooke's Register of Interests
I am third generation of the Cooke family.
My grandfather was the first manager of WH Smith in Wells, until he started his own newsagent business in Queen Street, later moving to St Cuthbert Street. In the eighties I became involved with the family newsagent business and was also at this time a reviewer of the local newspapers on BBC local radio. My other grandfather was an examiner on the Cheddar Valley Line. I have one married daughter and granddaughter. I was involved with The City of Wells Lions Club, for several years. I was involved with The Wells Operatic Society at the time of the purchase of the Little Theatre in the 1970s and I have always been keen on local community issues. I joined St Cuthbert (Out) Parish Council in 2019, which I was happy to do following an unsuccessful attempt to be elected to Wells City Council (Central Ward).
22 Elm Close
Wells BA5 1LZ
- 01749 675115